Saturday, April 18, 2009

LET THE GAMES BEGIN....Part 2.

Now for the Western Conference! Let’s start with the odds favorite to win it all, the LA Lakers against the Utah Jazz. Utah is a very good team and fundamentally sound but the Jazz has no where near enough fire power to hang with the Lake show! This one should be quick and painless; Lakers will win the series in 5 games. I have to give Utah at least one win at home, those Mormon fans are off the meter!!

Denver Nuggets the number 2 seed in the West up against the New Orleans Hornets sounds cut and dry with a 2 seed up against 7th seed, but I like the Hornets here. The Nuggets defense is soooo suspect to me that if they win the series it was have to be in 4 or 5 games. If the Nuggets let the Hornets hang around and go 7 games, they will lose this series.

The San Antonio Spurs go head to head against he Dallas Mavericks! Texas 2 step! This one to me belongs to ANYONE! Whoever wins game 5 wins the whole thing. I say that because the Spurs are hurting badly, no Ginobili, Mr. Duncan is not even 100 percent. Dallas could just run away with this thing but Dirk has never showed me the heart needed to put a team away and Popovich and Spurs are full of heart, so I cannot count them out. So my personal analysis is a reluctant Dallas will win the series in 6 games.

Last and really it is the least, Houston Rockets versus the Portland Trailblazers. I am personally torn on this one. I want Houston to win because I would love to them win the series with McGrady out. He has never been past the first round and for them to win the first round without him would give McGrady a complex so huge he would have spend his NBA pension on psychiatric help. On the other hand I would love to see the young feisty Trailblazers win a series. That team has been totally revamped, they got rid of the trouble makers and pot smokers and have a great coach, I am rooting for them. Frankly these are my personal feelings, no one really cares who wins this series, that’s why the NBA needs to go back to 5 game first round series. This one will probably go 7 games and I believe the young Trailblazers inexperience will show up in that game. Houston Rockets take it in 7 games.

No comments:

Post a Comment