Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Two turntables and a microphone...


Run-DMC was inducted in to the Rock and Role Hall of Fame this weekend. Run-DMC is only the second hip-hop group to be inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of fame.
Run-D.M.C. was an influential hip hop group from Hollis, in the Queens borough of New York City. Founded by Joseph "DJ Run" Simmons, Darryl "D.M.C." McDaniels, and Jason "Jam-Master Jay" Mizell, the group is arguably the most important and influential act in the history of hip hop. They were the biggest act in hip-hop throughout the 1980s and are credited with breaking hip hop into mainstream music.
The Academy Award and Grammy-winning American rapper, record producer and actor Eminem had this to say:
"Two turntables and a microphone, that's all it took to change the world," The accomplishments by the “three kings from Queens” included the “first rap group to go platinum, the first rap group to sell out arenas and the first group to fuse rock and rap.” "Again, Run-DMC changed my life. Without them I wouldn't have met one of my closest friends." Eminem closed by saying that the group's impact can be felt everywhere. Echoing one of the group's most famous couplets from "King of Rock," Eminem concluded, "There's three of them, and if you grew up on hip-hop like I did, they are the Beatles."
Run-DMC is oldschool perfection!!! I loved them then and I love them now!

1 comment:

  1. Run DMC is one of my favorite music groups of all-time. I basically grew up off their music when my dad did nothing but play their music when I used to live in New Jersey. I think there was a DJ called Red Alert or something from New York that play Run DMC ALL DAY!

    ReplyDelete